The following resources are available to employers to provide information on labour regulations, both provincially and federally. For further information on any of the below resources, please contact the Sector Specialist.
- Alberta Human Services – Information on the minimum standards of employment for employers and employees
- Workers Compensation Board (Alberta) – a non-profit disability insurance system designed to protect workers and employers from the full impact of work-related injuries and illness.
- Alberta Human Services - occupational health and safety regulations
- Alberta Human Rights Commission - public information and education programs to help Albertans resolve human rights complaints
- Alberta Human Services – Health Care Insurance Plan
- Canadian Human Rights Commission
- Government of Canada: Workplace Equity - an overview of the activities and services offered by the Workplace Equity programs
For information on regulations in the hiring of foreign workers, visit the Hiring Foreign Workers section.