Global Business Centre services
The Global Business Centre offers the following programs and services to assist international companies in finding business opportunities in southern Alberta:
- Provide relevant economic data
- Supply temporary office and meeting space
- Connect businesses to suppliers
- Lead strategic trade missions to targeted international locations and businesses
- Host and organize targeted business networking for incoming international missions
Business (B2B) matching
- Host visiting international companies in meetings with local companies, both individually and through networking events
- Customized networking services to meet the specific needs of your organization
GBC a.m. - breakfast club speaker series
- The monthly GBC a.m. offers presentations from local and international business leaders on a variety of topics related to business practices and international trade development
Interpreters & translators
- The Global Business Centre staff can connect you with the most qualified interpreters & translators in Calgary
- Host networking events for companies recently relocated to Calgary to assist them in understanding the local business environment and to meet key influencers and stakeholders
One of the primary services provided by the GBC is proactive, frequent and ongoing ‘connecting’ to facilitate the matching, meeting and linking of businesses with opportunities.
The GBC makes networking both easy and effective. We make the introductions, provide the venue, and develop the programs that connect a company with a product or service idea with a potential buyer or partner from out-of-market.
The GBC has well-established connections and arranges introductions with sector- and industry-specific associations and organizations in Southern Alberta, all of whom are actively promoting new international trade opportunities. We also arrange introductions with branches of ethnic- or country-based cultural organizations, many of which are active supporters of new businesses moving into Southern Alberta from their home countries.
Virtually every country and language group has people ‘on the ground’ in Calgary. In fact, Calgary is the most attractive city in all of Canada for newcomers, both those moving from other Canadian provinces, and those coming here from other countries.
- Provide temporary office space for international businesses or delegations currently working with Global Business Centre stakeholders, as well as Southern Alberta companies
- Space may also be used by Global Business Centre stakeholders such as federal or provincial counterparts and Southern Alberta municipalities
- Longer-term office space is available for global value-chain and international procurement offices of large companies or governments
- Boardrooms are available for international visitors, trade meetings or events for a fee, when applicable
- Teleconferencing or videoconferencing for a fee, when applicable
- Provide space and assistance in promoting international trade seminars to companies in Southern Alberta
Learn more about the facilities available to rent at the Global Business Centre.